Hioki LCR Meters and Impedance Analyzers range from 1mHz to 3GHz devices to suit a wide range of applications in the testing of electronic components. The IM3533 series are Hioki’s first LCR meters to offer turn ratio, mutual inductance and inductance difference measurements of transformers and coils, and are integrated with an internal DC bias to facilitate HDMI compliance testing.
• ±0.05% accuracy with wide measurement range (DC, 1mHz to 200kHz, 5mV to 5V, 10uA to 50mA)
• Non-stop testing over mixed measurement conditions such as C-D and ESR at 10 times the speed of previous models
• Built-in low impedance high precision mode effective for testing low inductance or the ESR of aluminum electrolysis capacitance
• Dedicated modes for measuring transformer winding ratio, mutual inductance and temperature compensated DCR
• Frequency sweep testing (IM3533-01 only)
• 2m/4m cable setting in addition to the standard 0m/1m
• Touch screen with intuitive operation
Model No. (Order Code)
For an RS-232C connection: A crossover cable for interconnection can be used. You can use the RS-232C CABLE 9637 without hardware flow control.
LCR Meter IM3533 measurement methods: Continuous measurement using different sets of conditions
The Hioki IM3533 LCR Meter can perform continuous measurement using different capacitor measurement conditions, for example to perform C-D measurement at 120 Hz and ESR measurement at 100 kHz, without stopping to manually change settings.
LCR Meter IM3533 measurement methods: Turn ratio measurement
In transformer and winding measurement, the Hioki IM3533 LCR meter can measure primary-side and secondary-side L values and then calculate and display the turn ratio. This capability eliminates the need to manually calculate this value, as in the conventional approach.
LCR Meter IM3533 measurement methods: Mutual inductance measurement
In transformer measurement, the Hioki IM3533 LCR Meter can perform L measurement with a same-phase series connection and again with a reverse-phase series connection, and then calculate and display the mutual inductance. This capability eliminates the need to manually calculate this value, making it more convenient and efficient than the conventional approach.
LCR Meter IM3533-01 measurement methods: Frequency sweep measurement
The IM3533-01 can perform automatic measurement while sweeping through up to 801 frequencies from a user-specified frequency range or frequency list. Measurement results can be saved on a USB flash drive or computer via the instrument’s interface in order to create lists and graphs of frequency characteristics using the included LCR application software.
Download the sample application and view the Communications Command User Manual.
Accuracy calculation information
Calculate accuracy by simply entering a numerical value.