LEAK CURRENT HiTESTER
(for medical-use electrical devices)
To ensure the safe use of electrical products, electrical safety tests such as insulation resistance, withstand voltage, ground resistance, and leakage current must always be conducted. Hioki Leakage Current Testers comply with laws and standards regarding medical electrical equipment as well as non-medical electrical equipment, and can be used to measure leakage current in all types of electrical products from computers to medical equipment.
The ST5540 consists of measurement networks that simulate the human body and a high-frequency volt meter, and is also capable of switching power supply polarities and making measurements under simulated single fault conditions in equipment under test.
• Compliance with IEC 60601-1:2005 Ed 3.0, JIS T 0601-1:2012 for medical-use electrical devices and essential to electrical safety (*Starting on June 1, 2012, medical electrical equipment sold in the EU must comply). Model ST5540 comply with IEC 60601-1:2005+ A1:2012 (Ed 3.1), and IEC 62353 of 2017
• Compliance with Electrical Appliances and Materials Safety Act, JIS, IEC, and UL standards for general-use electrical devices
• Uninterrupted polarity switching function dramatically reduces cycle time
• Support for rated currents up to 20 A gives the instrument more than adequate capability for testing products designed to comply with new standards
• Touch panel features simple, interactive operation
• Communications functionality and external I/O support allow automatic testing on production lines
Model No. (Order Code)
Note: Always use an isolation transformer when measuring leak current for medical-use electrical devices. The ST5540 does not include an isolation transformer. When measuring medical-use electrical devices, use a step-up isolation transformer or similar component operating at 110% of the rated supply voltage as the power supply for the device under test.
Leak Current Measurement - Essential to Electrical Safety
Compliance with IEC 60601-1:2005 (3rd Edition) is now mandatory.
Leak Current Testing of Medical Electrical Devices
In order to prevent the danger of electric shock, electrical devices use power supplies that are isolated from parts of the device that may come into contact with the body. However, it is impossible to achieve infinite insulation resistance. Some leak current always exists, and its magnitude changes as the insulation degrades over time. The LEAK CURRENT HiTESTER ST5540/ST5541 provides an easy-to-operate solution for measuring leak current in electrical devices, making it eminently suitable for use in an extensive array of applications, ranging from production lines to equipment maintenance and inspections.
Included carrying case designed to hold probes
Combine the ST5540 with Hioki Model 3157 AC Grounding HiTester for Leak Current and Safety Conductor Testing