AC/DC CURRENT PROBE
Current Probe for Power Efficiency Testing
Hioki AC/DC clamp sensors are best-in-class current sensors for use with power meters, Memory HiCorders and high performance oscilloscopes. The CT6846 is a high-precision 1000 A AC/DC current probe that features a wide operating temperature range and large jaw diameter, making them ideal for evaluating the operational integrity of devices that are subject to extreme temperature ranges.
A comment from the Good Design Award 2016
“The ergonomic design of these products appropriately reflects conditions in the field as well as worker needs through features such as one-handed operation and a grip that can be easily opened and closed in any orientation. In addition, they exhibit a high level of overall finish, including through the effective use of visual cues, for example use of yellow and gray to prompt the user to interact with the instrument in a way that avoids its inherent hazards.”
• Ideal for use in environmental testing with broad -40˚C to 85˚C temperature range
• High precision with a clamp-type design, ±0.3% amplitude accuracy, ±0.1° phase accuracy
• Wide-bandwidth from DC to 100 kHz
• Single-handed operation and robust locking mechanism
• Reduced effects from magnetic fields, conductor position, and noise from nearby wires
• For EV/HEV battery charge and discharge efficiency testing and inverter and power conditioner conversion efficiency evaluations
Model No. (Order Code)
High-accuracy current sensors ideal for use with oscilloscopes and power meters
Compared to current sensors that use Hall elements, flux gate type current sensors are not prone to measurement error caused by variations in the external temperature. In addition, they can measure extremely low input (current values) and current waveforms with phase that lags by 90° with a high degree of precision. The CT6840 Series AC/DC Current Probes are ideal for measuring power waveforms with a digital oscilloscope and power meters.